Monday 26 October 2015

Life is Like a Vase of Flowers

Hi, so today I get an extra day off school as well as Monday (labour day) because our school has longer days than everyone else's (so we get longer holidays).
So today I was going to read and just be lazy but then I read 'The Manifesto on How To Be Interesting' (it is a really good book) it talked about how to be considered popular according to modern society, it talked about how society has convinced everyone that you have to look nice all the time otherwise you don't matter to others.  You might be thinking 'uhm no I'm not that shallow' but you are, I am, everyone is and no-one means to be.  Think about flowers, you don't pick the crushed, lesser flowers, you pick the most beautiful and nice looking (and smelling) because no-one wants to look at ugly, crushed flowers.  Its like that, society is a vase of flowers and if you are the lesser of the flowers you don't exist because everyones eyes are drawn to the beautiful confident flowers.  I'm not saying your an ugly flower I'm just saying thats how the world is, there is an ugly flower and a beautiful flower and everyone wants to be the beautiful flower.  It's society's hierarchy.   So this goes against everything I have just said, but before you go changing yourself to fit in, just remember that bees don't judge a flower by the way it looks, the bee only cares about what's on the inside. So be the person you want to be and don't worry about other people and their perspectives because their perception of you is different to what anyone else thinks of you, if they bully you its because they are jealous that the bees swarm over your personality.  So find some bees and change the world, also don't do anything to impress someone, especially some one you have a crush on, because if they don't like you for you than they are 'as blind as a guy who's eyes stopped working' (Lego Movie quote).  I have my bees and my tormenting pretty popular flower people but I don't care, I just focus on my bees and my life and all the other flowers disappear off my list of things I care about.  And remember, you can't always be the flower, you sometimes have to be the bee.  Please comment a time where you have been the bee to someone.

Byee xx

No comments:

Post a Comment